Tuesday 30 August 2011

Growth

For the past couple of years I've been toying with an idea for a graphic novel. I think the time as come to start making it a reality. Recently I've been playing with styles and I think I've reached a stage I'm happy with. Would you be interested in a book that looks like this?


The main character has gone through loads of changes over the years as the story changed (as have my art skills) feels so strange looking back on the versions from a few years ago:
Left to right in chronological order from 2008!

Also here's some unused freelance stuff:




5 comments:

Brandon Kallmes said...

Hey George! Looking great man! I really dig the style you have come up with over the years. Your work stands out from so many others and it is clear that you are moving down the right path with your latest character design. My only crit on this is that I'm not totally sure if it is male or female. :) I think it might have something to do with the hair, but either way it is still a breath of fresh air when looking at your work. Keep it up!

tiffannysketchbook said...

my eyes are going blind from overexposure to your awesomeness.

SalBa Combé said...

I like the beattle-boy. it´s a great design!

Nice blog and see you

SalBa

George Bletsis said...

Brandon - Thanks for stopping by! I think maybe he looks a little effeminate because of the dark linework around the eyes, I'll be sure to try and not make him androgynous in future ;)

Tiffany - You're too kind, thank you!

Salba Combe - Cheers, thanks for commenting.

Raggy Rat said...

love the babe at the bottom, great character, friend of your wonderful mums xxxx